You know the saying "once you go Mac, you never go back." Almost as true: once you go Air, you never go anywhere. After carrying around a MacBook Air, everything else feels like a monstrosity.
There are clear reasons why you may need a more powerful machine, but if you can get by with the Air, why wouldn't you?! So when I heard rumors that the Air might be headed out of the Apple lineup, I was terrified!
Luckily, the rumors seem to be shaping up and are more about creating a more affordable Air. Which I can definitely get on board with!
Here's what we know so far:
- MacBook Air has not seen a substantial update since 2015
- In 2016, Apple discontinued the 11-inch MacBook Air
- Creating a more affordable model would not allow room for big tech upgrades to a new Air model
- Some tech analysts believe Apple will consolidate its lineup and merge the MacBook and MacBook Air lines
- Major announcements are likely to take place at WWDC in June 2018
Our advice? If you've been thinking about picking up a MacBook Air, do it now! Major announcements this spring or June could lead to a decrease in Air productions and used model prices will spike.
What are you hoping Apple will do with their MacBook Air line?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.