How and Why to Clear Cache in Google Chrome
You may want to clear your cache from time to time, though. For example, if you want to ensure that you are seeing the most updated version of a website, it's smart to clear your cache.
- Open Chrome
- At the far right of your URL bar you'll see three vertical dots stacked on top of each other; click this button
- Two-thirds through the menu you'll see More Tools >
- However over More Tools and navigate over to Clear Browsing Data
- This takes you to a specific menu where you can select your options and confirm your choices
After you clear your cache:
- You will need to re-enter passwords to some sites where you were auto-signed in
- Some content heavy sites will take longer to load the first time you visit them
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.