We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Music is a great companion during physical training. Whether you run, jog, or hit the gym, music can be the difference between breaking a new record or failing that rep. Sometimes cables can get in the way of your high-intensity training. Cut the cables with a set of bluetooth headphones.
Bluetooth headphones give you freedom! You can listen to your favorite track for motivation without having to tuck away or untangle cables.
4 Factors To Consider While Choosing a Bluetooth Headphones For Running
- Durability – Exercise headphones must be tough to withstand tons of abuse. These headphones must be sweat and shock resistant to keep them from dissolving in your ears. Many headphones fall off easily due to your movements during exercise. The durability of your headphones is extremely important. Check for headphones that are made from high-quality materials and provide moisture resistance.
- Stable Fitness Comfort – Normal earbuds have a tendency to fall out while you’re exercising. Headphones must sit comfortably in your ears and stay secure. It can be very annoying if your headphones slip off constantly while running or jogging.
- Quality of Audio – Channeling audio through Bluetooth lowers the audio quality, so you want to make sure your headphones are high-quality. This differs on a person-to person basis, and some people place more importance on audio quality. Higher quality usually means higher price, but some people think this is a worthwhile investment.
- Battery Life – Bluetooth headphones run on battery power, otherwise they wouldn’t be wireless. This depends mostly on how much you work out and how often you’re willing to charge the device. Headphones with a battery life of 7 hours might last a week for some people and two weeks for others, depending on how often you exercise.
Top 5 Bluetooth Headphones
- 66 Audio BTS+
The 66 Audio BTS+ is a great pair of on-ear Bluetooth headphones. They’re extremely light so the headphones won’t add a lot of weight to your workout. A headband goes around neck that firmly secures your headphones.
The headphones are made to be sweat resistant and well-built. You can control volume, accept calls and switch tracks from on-board headphone controls. The battery life is great and it offers 20 hours of play time.
The sound from the 66 Audio BTS+ is rich. The headphones offer noise-canceling technology to help filter out distractions while you exercise. This is a great option for people who prefer on-ear headphones.
- JayBird BlueBuds X
The BlueBirds have a great design that can fit in many different types of ear. The device has a single chord that rests behind the neck in order to keep the wires out of your way. The design is sturdy and they stay in place while running. The “Liquipel nano coating” makes them both water and sweat resistant.
The headphones provide deep and balanced bass for a rich audio experience. They have built-in audio controls and a microphone to handle phone calls. They’ll last for about 8 hours of play time and 250 hours of standby time.
- iKross A2DP Sport
The iKross Bluetooth headphones offer a lot for the budget-minded user. They might not match the overall performance of the 66 Audio BTS+ and the JayBirds but they have everything that a Bluetooth headphone needs. They offer a good connectivity range and you’ll get a play time of 7 hours and a standby time of 180 hours. The sound quality is decent, however the headphones do not offer noise cancellation.
Check out the iKoss headphones here.
- Alpatronix HX200
The Alpatronic HX 200 offer amazing sound quality and provides built-in controls. They’re lightweight and provide a secure fit no matter how active you are. The headphones are not sweat resistant and so excessive moisture can damage the headphones. The Alpatronic HX 200 headphones are ideal for infrequent users who enjoy music while they run.
Check out the headphones here.
- Plantronics BackBeat GO 2
The BackBeat Bluetooth earbuds provide wonderful audio quality. The earbuds have a P2i military-grade nano-coating that protects it from sweat and moisture. You get three sizes of cushioned eartips that provides a comfortable and custom fit for the user.
The headphones offer 4.5 hours of battery life. You can buy the headphones along with the charging case which provides up to 14.5 hours of battery life. The headphones have a DeepSleep mode that puts the buds into a hibernation mode that extends the battery life.
Follow MachMachines on Facebook to keep up with new content.