Is this drag and drop website builder the right fit for you?
Full disclosure: Mach Machines is a WordPress site (and we love it!), but we know there are times individuals need a different solution. Here's a look at Squarespace.
- Squarespace is easy right out of the box. Pick a domain name, pick a template, add your content, and voila! You're ready to rock and roll with a great looking website
- The support team takes care of all website maintenance and updates so you don't need to have any technical knowledge or experience.
- Every template is responsive; it will appear fantastic on both a large, flat screen tv and a tiny mobile device.
- Squarespace has a deep knowledge center and a great support team. You can easily teach yourself how to use and customize the platform, and when you need extra guidance you can find that, too.
- The platform has a wide variety of templates to choose from. Photographers will find beautiful, image-focused layouts and real estate agents will find portfolio sites with clear calls to action.
- It's an all-in-one solution. You can get a domain, build a website, host a website, and manage your business inventory all through a single platform. It's really a no-brainer for many individuals and businesses.
- It can feel pricey! The basic, personal website is $12/month (with an annual subscription), but advanced e-commerce features require larger plans. The cream of the crop plan is $40/month (with an annual subscription).
- There's a learning curve. As with any new technology, it takes time to get used to the interface. And there are certain ways of editing Squarespace that are unique to the solution and feel bizarre to many online users.
- You need a designer/developer that specializes in Squarespace if you want to build something way outside of the box. Squarespace makes it easy for anyone to build and customize their site, so you don't need to hire someone. However, if you want to take your design to the next level you do need to find someone with Squarespace experience.
- There are some things you just can't do with Squarespace. The makers of Squarespace want to make sure they have a premium product for their community and, thus, they do not allow third party plug-ins and they limit integrations with the platform. Most users will never notice this and will enjoy the platform's overall high quality, but some people will find their wish list can't be accommodated by Squarespace.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.