Three Ways You can Take a Screenshot on a Mac
There are times you want to take a picture of your screen. Perhaps it’s meant as a reminder to yourself or you want to share some content or pieces of information with another person? Here are the top three ways we recommend quickly and easily capturing the page in front of you.
1) Take a screenshot of your entire screen
If you need or want an image of everything exactly as you see it on your Mac screen, take a a simple shot of your entire screen the following way:
- Press Shift + Command + 3
The screenshot will appear as a PNG file on your desktop. Easy peasy!
2) Take a screenshot of a selected portion of your screen
If you want to just take a screenshot of the website you’re on or one section of the website (the contact information, for example), then you want to take a screenshot in the following way:
- Press Shift + Command + 4
- (You’ll see your computer pointer now appears as a cross.) Drag the cross to select the area you want in the screenshot.
Once you drag and release you will find the screenshot as a PNG file on your desktop.